Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Encounter at the Lift

Met a guy on my way up to the office this morning, he courteously let the other guy and me into the lift first, then greeted us to have a nice day when he got out. Not sure if he heard my “have a nice day too” but I sure did have a bright smile. He made my day with a cheery start. :)

I wonder if he’s always been like this or something really nice has occurred to him this morning. But I guess sometimes when we’re just being happy and cheerful, it just shows. :D

3 comments:

AdamTest said...

Aw, cute! I'm surprised, though... I thought "have a nice day" was a bit of wacky American culture distinctively!

Miss T said...

Yah I think it's quite common in the States but here I'd imagine people going "xiao ah!".

Jo said...

once, in the lift, my friend said 'have a nice day' to this chinese uncle. the guy stared straight at the door with his nose at the door, heaved a sigh and went 'have.. a.. nice.. day', basically to the door. sad