Monday, June 04, 2007

Backdated

25 May 2007:
I was struggling to stay awake at work, kept nodding off in front of my notebook. This is caused by the lack of sleep these couple of nights, baby’s more cranky as he’s got stomach pain due to diarrhea… been almost 2 weeks… poor boy. Plus I was on drugs for sore-throat & runny nose. The tea in the morning didn’t quite work, the 50% power only came at almost lunch time. And after lunch, episode 2 of sleepy town was aired! May be I should draw eyes on my eyelids such that I can sleep wide-eyed. Minus the snores. Heh :P

*****

It’s been a month since I moved to this new home, and for the record, I’m still in the midst of unpacking, organizing and cleaning. Not an easy task while we’ve to take care of baby at the same time! Plus H’s on business trip for 10 days just after we’ve moved in.

Anyway, it’s kinda exciting to have a place of our own to decorate, even though the kind seller actually left us most of his still-usable furniture which saves us a lot of $. But I’m still waiting for my bonus to get a new mattress, coffee table, a cabinet for the storeroom, shoe rack & a table for the kitchen. Whee! Shopping! (must get all before the GST hike in July, additional 2% will add up to a big chuck for these purchases :P)


This new area is not as convenient as the old one. It’s further away from the city, I need to travel about 50 minutes to work which is about 20 minutes more. And changing trains 3 times in total to get to office! Food-wise, it's further away & they’re not as tasty, plus not many choices either. AND I missed the stray cats back there… Got to know that another favorite cat of mine went missing... sigh :(

But I should say we’re lucky to have nice friendly neighbors still. My babysitter who happens to stay at the same block as me offered to help “ta-pao” (i.e. packed) lunch for me when H’s on that 10-days business trip (just like my old neighbor), and she even asked me to have dinner at her place when she’s cooking… I can say she’s a pretty good cook. :)

*****

More photos of my 'lil boy have been uploaded!


Bee needs home decor inspirations...

1 comment:

Miss T said...

Congrats on your new space! New spaces bring new life. :) Nice neighbours you got there - a rare thing. And don't get me started on the cuteness of Zhengxi, I can't wait to hold him!

Go flickrtoys!