Sunday, November 28, 2004

Party

Will you go to a party if you knew only the host? If you do attend, how will you feel?

I was in that situation tonight when I went to a birthday party, knew only the host well. Ok ...there's a few familiar faces whom I met for a few hours at the same function last year :P

Felt pretty awkward at first, shifting around drinking, stuffing my stomach and observing .. just being the quiet bee. It wouldn't be a fun night if I kept going like that, so by smiling and just taking the first step to say hi has opened up space for chatting and getting to know new friends.

I had a fun night! I bet I might only meet those peeps again next year... if I'm invited to another party... that is.
Hehe.

1 comment:

AdamTest said...

Way to go, Bee! I've actually had the opposite issue... going to a party where I DIDN'T know the host. I've done that twice recently. In the first case, the host was not very friendly to me, but in the latter case, we hit it off well :).

Anyway, good for both of us to work on shyness, especially at parties.