Monday, July 07, 2008

Little Dragon

I occasionally cook during the weekend, and yesterday was one of it.
This was the first time I bought tarragon herbs. It's for the vegetable broth I meant to cook, but since I forgot to buy other few ingredients for it, the broth was off the menu... :P
The other 2 dishes were both stir-fried stuff - stir-fried spinach and stir-fried chicken strips.

The stir-fried chicken strips surprised me. While I was cooking, I read that tarragon will enhance the taste of chicken, duck etc... well well the few dashes of tarragon really made the dish more fragrant than my normal chicken stir-fry. Yum!

I was too busy eating, so no photos. But
here goes the recipe:

Ingredients:
5 strips of chicken meat (about 400g? sorry I'm not sure of the weight)
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1~2 dashes of pepper
1~2 dashes of black pepper
2~3 dashes of tarragon (from the herb bottle)
1/2 tablespoon of ghee (or butter, or 1 1/2 tablespoons of cooking oil)
1/4 cup of water

Preparations:
1. Wash and cut the chicken strips into smaller edible pieces.
2. Mix the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, pepper and black pepper into the bowl of chicken meat. Set the chicken aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
3. While waiting, chopped the garlic finely.

Cooking:
1. Heat up the wok, put in the ghee to melt. Add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant.
2. Pour the bowl of marinated chicken in and stir-fry.
3. When the chicken is half cooked, add the 1/4 cup of water (if you think there's not enough gravy)
4. Season with 2 to 3 dashes of tarragon after chicken is cooked, stir-fry for another 20 seconds before dishing up.

Serve with rice.

~ Bee finds recipe writing is not as easy as she thought.

2 comments:

AdamTest said...

I have to say that that really sounds delicious!

bee said...

Yes it's yummy! Tarragon is now in my spice list. Go try it out, Adam... impress a lady ;)